Sunday, July 29, 2007

An Honest Confession

Dear Paula,

Hope life is treating you well and you are in the best of your spirit as usual.

Paula, being the closest to my heart as a friend, you must be under the impression that you are aware of all the secrets in my heart. But let me tell you that I have a confession to make today. Yes, I cannot carry this burden in my heart any longer. Of course I do have the confidence that this bitter revelation will not affect our friendship. My confidence is based on nothing but my knowledge of your unmatched soul and also your feelings and fondness for me.

Carrying this burden of lie in my heart for years together in the fear of losing my closest friend, I give up today. Perhaps it is a part of the providential design. Do you remember the Talent Search Test we applied for in our twelfth standard together? You were so upset that in spite of meeting all the eligibility criteria, you never got a call for it. And I, being inferior according to their eligibility standards, was called for the test! Paula, let me confess today that I had torn off your call letter and you believed hat it never came. I did it in the sheer fear of losing in the competition. In spite of my love for you as a friend, I was tired of being next to you in talent in every field. I wanted to win!

Perhaps, "mean" is an euphemistic expression to describe this act of mine. I wouldn't like to demean you by asking for your forgiveness. In the honor of our friendship, I leave it to you entirely to decide the ways of my penance.

As always,

Susan

4 comments:

Weary Hag said...

This is a nicely written letter. I wonder, was it ever sent to your friend or was this simply a ficticious situation?
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice note. Many things kept me from blogging for a long while now, but I may return soon. I do miss it.
Good luck to you with yours!

stanley said...

marvellous blog, very touching

Natasha said...

Weary Hag / Stanley,
Thank you so much for sparing time to read my blog and your valuable comments. Do drop by when you can.

anumita said...

A post like this is intriguing. The event plays out clearly in your mind and you wonder who the girls were, where they are now... what happened next....
Nicely written.